In Memory Giving
In memoriam donations are a wonderful way to honour a late loved one. In Memoriam donations can be directed to a specific cause or service area within Barwon Health as a lasting gift and in recognition of the care provided.
In Memory Donation Envelopes
The Foundation works closely with funeral homes around the Geelong region to ensure that collection envelopes are easily accessible, in line with the wishes of the families involved.
To request Barwon Health Foundation In Memory Donation envelopes, please ask your funeral director to arrange or contact the Foundation on 4215 8900.
In Memory Online Page
Many people like to set up a personal In Memory page for loved ones so friends and family can make a donation in lieu of flowers or to support an important area within Barwon Health. This is an easy, safe and stress-free option. Your family and friends will also be able to leave a message of love and support and will automatically receive a tax invoice directly to their email account.
We are happy to set up the page for you or you can easily do it yourself. We are here to assist at any stage. Just call us on 4215 8900.
- Be prepared with a photo of your loved one plus a few words as a tribute (You can come back later to add these)
- Follow this link
- Create an account by completing details.
- You will then be directed to "Create a Page"
- Complete details
- Click "Create Page"
- First off you are asked to 'Give your fundraising page a name'. Type here "In Memory of (name of loved one)"
- Then complete "In Memory of" by again putting in the name of the departed.
- You will then receive an option to share the page with family and friends via Facebook, Twitter or Email. This includes the URL link which you can copy.
- Once you have completed step 9 (and you can just exit this by clicking the x in the top right hand corner of the pop-up), you will then be presented with the page, which you can edit.
- You can add a photo of your loved one by clicking the camera icon near the round circle (with the Foundation coloured logo) and uploading straight from your computer.
- Change the name of the page
- If you scroll down the page, you will see a line "In Memory" and "Add an Update". Here is where you can leave a tribute to your loved one.
- When this step is completed you can, optionally, leave your own donation if you wish.
Editing and Finding your page
If you need to make any changes, you can simply log back in using the details you gave in creating an account (Step 3).
You can direct friends or family to the page either by sharing the link you received in Step 9, or very simply by going to the Barwon Health Foundation website (barwonhealthfoundation.org.au) and typing in the surname of the loved one in the search button.
Should you need any assistance in setting up your page, please contact the Barwon Health Foundation on 4215 8900 and we will be happy to assist.