Any time is a good time to give back to your local health service – but at tax time, it’s even better. There’s not a resident in the Geelong region who won’t be touched by the work of Barwon Health in some way throughout their lifetime.
100% of your tax-deductible donation will stay right here in Geelong, supporting patient comfort and care at the Barwon Health services you and your loved ones access the most.
2. Volunteer: across Giving Weekend, donate an hour of your time to support your local health service. Sign up here.
3. Host: we love nothing more than seeing local businesses, school, friendship groups and families hosting their own fundraiser in support of the Barwon Health Foundation. We encourage our community to choose an event that you believe will resinate with your own community. Some ideas include: a morning or afternoon tea – with a gold coin donation, a office or school dress up day – with a donation on entry. Register your event with here. If you need help with your event please touch base with Danni Flowers, our Events Community Fundraising Manager, who can help along the way.
4. Collect a tin: to fill at your workplace or next family function.To become a donation tin fundraiser, please click here and email our team who will arrange for a donation tin to be collected or delivered.
5. Become a shopping partner: do you own or work for a local retailer or hospitality business? If so, please join our list of generous shopping partners who have all decided to donate a percentage of their profits for the month of June or over a particular day or weekend in June.
6. Contribute goods: donate personal hygiene products for Barwon Health patients facing financial challenges. See a full list of products in need here. Donations can be dropped to Barwon Health Foundation at 283 Ryrie Street, Geelong.
AND don't forget to look out for our tin shakers at a local intersection near you on Giving Weekend.
Shopping partners this year;
THE FRESH FOOD MERCHANT
138 Malop St, Geelong
NATURAL SUPPPLY CO
5 Rutland St, Newtown or online
COMMUNITY CARE CHEMIST
See all locations here Community Care Chemist
37 Bellerine St, Geelong